Fall 2017 Faculty Writing Intensive Workshop
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
8:30am - 4:00pm
215 Tate Hall
Registration Deadline: August 11, 2017
This workshop is designed to help prospective Writing Intensive Faculty learn to promote critical
thinking through writing, design effective writing assignments, and provide feedback that
balances content and mechanics.
- Assignment design
- Courses that work
- Transforming a conventional course to WI
- Responding to student writing
- The WI course application/approval process
- Information on Writing Intensive Tutorial Services
- Non‐traditional WI and use of technology
First time faculty attendees who attend the full day will receive a $100 stipend. Funds are transferred to your department's E&E account to use for professional purposes.
This Workshop is appropriate for faculty who:
- Are teaching a Writing Intensive (WI) course this semester and have not yet attended a
- WI workshop.
- Are considering offering a WI course in the future.
- Are unsure about offering a WI course but want to know more.
- Don't necessarily plan to teach a WI course, but who are interested in college teaching.
- Are directors of their department's Undergraduate Studies program.
- Any others interested in the ideas and practice of the use of writing to teach course content