Fall 2018 TA Writing Intensive Workshop – Morning Session
Aug. 17, 2018
9:00am - 12:00pm
222 Townsend Hall
NEW! You can now choose a morning or afternoon session of this workshop. Please only register for one session.
Writing Intensive courses make special demands upon faculty and graduate teaching assistants. This workshop is designed to help TAs prepare to work in the WI classroom. Sessions are most beneficial when faculty and TAs attend as teams (though not required.)
- Strategies for establishing grading criteria
- Balancing content and mechanics
- Evaluating writing
- Conferencing with students
- Ideas on defining mutually beneficial Faculty/TA working relationships
- Resource materials for WI TAs.
Email email@example.com with questions about this workshop.