8:15am - 3:00pm
222 Townsend Hall
If you are teaching a WI course now or in the future, or if you are interested in teaching with writing (and not drowning in the challenges of grading and extra work), the Campus Writing Program’s day-long workshop provides examples of assignments, assessments, and advice. Colleagues across the disciplines have generously shared their approaches to expanding what counts as writing, rethinking assignment design, and gaining strategies for timely and time-saving writing assessment.
The interactive workshop provides resources around the following topics:
- Using informal writing to spark critical thinking
- Designing diverse and effective writing assignments
- Addressing how to respond to student writing
- Assessing students’ final written products
- Incorporating revision in the writing process and structuring peer review
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please contact Jackie Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.