Log into your free Zoom account at https://umsystem.zoom.us.
Visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us for instructions and tutorials about how to use Zoom.
There are two ways of creating a Zoom meeting for your students: through your university Zoom account or through Canvas.
Through university account:
- Log in to your free zoom account athttps://umsystem.zoom.us
- Follow instructions at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697
- Schedule a meeting (can be repeating or one-off)
- Send link to students via email
Embed a zoom link into a module or syllabus in your canvas site:
- Select the module in which you wish your zoom meeting to appear (i.e. “week 9”)
- Click the plus sign to add an item to this module
- Under “add item” choose “external tool”
- Scroll down to bottom of list and click “zoom”
- Return to module and find new item entitled “zoom”—click on it
- Choose the highlighted box “schedule a new meeting”
- Give the meeting a name and set the date and time
- At bottom of page, click “save”
- Return to module and make sure you publish the zoom meeting (change right hand bubble from white to green) or else it will not be visible to students.
- Notify students of the time and date of the zoom meeting and explain where to find the link.