The Campus Writing Program at the University of Missouri is pleased to announce a new Writing Intensive Certificate available for enrollment in Fall 2020. This certificate will acknowledge students who take more than the required number of WI courses, and it will allow students to add credentials to support their future employment or graduate school applications. Students who complete the WI Certificate will have demonstrated that they can use writing to learn complex and technical content while also crafting discipline-specific arguments through writing. If you want to grow your writing skills and earn credentials useful to employers and graduate work, apply below.
- The WI Certificate requires students complete 6 additional WI credit hours beyond degree requirements. The list of current WI courses are listed on MyZou and the Campus Writing Program Course List.
- These additional WI courses must represent at least 2 different academic departments and be MU-authored.
- Students must complete the WI Capstone course (INTDSC 4972), an 8 week online course designed for students to reflect and build upon their WI course experiences.
- Student must earn a grade of C- or higher in each WI course and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 for coursework counting toward the certificate.
- Consistent with MU policy on certificates, an undergraduate degree and certificate must be awarded simultaneously.**
**Note: Students need to file certificate application BEFORE graduation.
How to Apply:
- Scroll down to the section that says Requesting a Degree Audit. Under the Students section, and there is a click
here, click on it
- Input your pawprint and password into the login fields and login
- Click Select a Different Program
- In the Academic Unit field, use the drop-down menu and select Arts & Sci
- In the Program field, use the drop-down and select Writing Intensive (Certificate)
- In the Student Catalog Year field, use the drop-down and select your first semester at the University of Missouri **
- if you are a transfer student, be sure to select your first semester on campus
- If you started college FS2020 or prior to FS2020, select FS2020. If you started college after FS2020, select your first term at MU.
- Click Run Different Program and wait for the system to process your audit
- Messages on Your Audit:
- If you meet all requirements, your audit should state: ALL REQUIREMENTS IDENTIFIED BELOW HAVE BEEN MET
- If you have met all requirements including in progress courses: ALL REQUIREMENTS COMPLETED –IN PROGRESS COURSES USED
- If all requirements have not yet been completed: AT LEAST ONE REQUIREMENT HAS NOT BEEN SATISFIED
****If you started college Fall Semester 2020 or prior to FS2020, select FS2020. If you started college after FS2020, select your first term at MU.’
Contact Christy Goldsmith, Campus Writing Program Assistant Director.
Flyer for distribution.