Published on April 2, 2014
Do you know your subject librarian?
Each academic department or program is assigned a subject librarian. These experts in information seeking, research methods, and scholarly communication support writing instruction in several ways:
- Customized group instruction on how to find, evaluate, and use information sources
- Individual consultations (RAP: Research Assistance Program)
- Online course guides, tailored to specific assignments
- General research guides, providing an array of disciplinary resources
- Help with integrating research resources into Blackboard
- Collaboration in designing effective research assignments
Subject librarians are personal guides to the library and the world of information. Faculty are encouraged to contact their subject librarians for research assistance, to schedule an instruction session, to request the purchase of materials, or for an update on library resources and services. There’s always something new at the library!